One.Last.Hurrah



So, the portfolio update is finally done. After procrastinating for the entire holiday period, I've been forced to sit down and just get it over and done with. It ended up being 8 crappy pages of NO text at all because I'm too lazy to do it. But studio selection is on Thursday, which means I have to print it out tomorrow, and add them to my current stack of unbound portfolio pages.
Today was my first official day of school, and I tell you, having a class at 9am on the first day of school is PURE TORTURE especially when you're used to waking up at a leisurely 4pm, eat some brunch and decide what to do with the rest of the night. (Which is mostly spent in front of the computer, thanks to youtube, lim and peekvid.) Still, I think I survived pretty well, good enough to have lunch with friends and then go for a shopping spree in manhattan. Sales sales SALES everywhere! I got 2 Arden B. tops for a mere 25 bucks! Oh and mama wendy, my red military coat is here! But dang it, the weather just dropped considerably so I am unable to wear the coat out unless I am willing to literally freeze my ass off. I saw so many cute tops that I wanted to buy... shirts that I tried to justify as working clothes in the future... MUST RESIST! Grrrr...
I signed up for my last core elective class today, after cursorily browsing through the re:ACT website that sh sent to me. Decided that since it's my last semester, I shouldn't waste time with a graphic design packaging course, which albeit sounding fun, would not really have much use for me in URA would it? My choice then fell to taking Manuel de Landa's lecture series on self-organisations in nature, in society and therefore in cities. He is widely known for his book "A Thousand Years of Nonlinear History", which seems to be the standard bible here in Pratt, but which I've never felt inclined to pick up. Well, this will make sure I get my hands on that book now eh? I'm giving up my free Fridays to take this Friday afternoon class, but I'm sure it'll be somewhat worth it. My first baby step in facing my future: URA.
Righty-o... one last hurrah before the semester hits high gear again. Somehow everything that I do seems to be tinged with the foreknowledge of going back to Singapore in 4 months' time. It's going to be a fun semester, and who mentioned anything about school? :p
So the blog finally got a much needed update. It is now simpler, cleaner, and yes, as niki said, more me. Funny that I would do it since I don't really blog much nowadays, but I guess a new year, a new look! I shall have to try to figure out that html gibberish even more, so that I can edit the blog more easily, but all that code really doesn't make much sense to me, and trial and error takes up too much unneccesary time. Help anyone? Where is OY when you need him?
3 comments:
if it helps...URA is near my office and we can lunch!
but the duck place closed down (CRIES)
duck place?
which duck place...
i only rem jap place, fried wonton place, erm... lau pa sat?
which duck place!!!
*cries also*
hahah.. how can you forget.. FATYY OX!
Post a Comment