Saturday, July 23, 2005

happy.bday.mr.chia!

Yesterday's party at Yu Hsien's was a hoot. The place was swarming with overflowing intellect- Cambridge graduates, Stanford post-grads-to-be, Carnegie-Mellon scholars, GIC hush-hush investors, dean's list hoggers, (you get the idea) to say the least. The level of brainpower present was intimidating, but also rather invigorating. People whom I thought were slightly off their rockers back in JC, actually proved to be engaging conversationalists, possessing barmy senses of humour. Met some of his CMU housemates (a heartstoppingly cute xianyi and a funny tse wee), re-connected with some JC classmates (ultra-corny smartt David and siew!!!), joked around with some of the smartest shits from AC (conrad, forever boyish adrian zeng), eyeballed tse wee's GIC colleagues (MEGA gd-looking desmond, smartt dave's Cambridge classmate), stuffed my face full of very yummy sotong balls and otahs while enjoying the easy company of the choir people (chic-in-black-yoowie, bean the lean, teacher bo, leanne). I'm SO going to miss the friends AND the food in Singapore.

Of course, there was also the mandatory magic show by the veryvery dextrous Mr. Chia himself- highly jaw-dropping exorcist-inducing entertainment as usual. Punch a hole through a $10 note with a pen, rip the pen out from the note, and voila! the note is magically whole again? Oh yes. Yu Hsien can do it. Move coins without apparently touching them, only covering them with a shadow? Not a problem, no way-o.

All this while sniffing like crazy the entire time. Bleah. Shoo flu shoo!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I wanna see pics!

JANNYJANJAN said...

Haha.. oh no... I didn't bring my digicam along... and I think yu hsien only has a few... (he would have none if i hadn't hankered after it) I'll see if i can get it from him ok! :)