lifeless.and.in.need.of.one
There are days when one would feel terribly terribly unfulfilled, and this is one of them.
I feel like I'm just wasting my life away. I have no real passion about anything, not music, not books, not films, not art, not sports, not travelling, and most definitely not architecture. Truth be told, I do enjoy these facets about life at some points in my life, but I certainly do not hanker after them, nor pursue them with the genuine interest that would perhaps give my life a little more meaning. As a result, I end up being unknowledgeable about politics, economics, music, art, history, AND architecture.
What the hell am I doing with my life?!!? On a day such as this, the harsh reality of being all of 24 years and unaccomplished hits close to home. In fact, it hit me while I was literally at home.
Take my typical saturday schedule for example-
11am: Wake up and read book/mag
12noon: Nap
2pm: Wake up
2.30pm: Eat breakfast
3pm: Chat on MSN
3.30pm: Read newspapers
4pm: Nap
7pm: Wake up
7.15pm: Chat on MSN/Blog
NOW: Still chatting, still blogging
At times, I do wonder what it would be to live life with a little bit more insanity. What would it feel like to live life on the edge, to travel spontaeneously, to indulge in the bohemian way of life, to flirt with apparent dangers, to respond to imminent rejections?
I think I'm just a screwed-up spoilt brat uninteresting middle child who wants to get her own way most of the times but seldom does. Ahhhh.. Perhaps I'm just sulking from cc being stuck in office and not being able to go to putumayo with me like we originally wanted to, perhaps I'm peeved that ch and jon are forever stuck in school doing work and I never get to see them anymore, perhaps I'm upsetted that friends+acquaintances all around seem to be having fun and getting somewhere with their lives, perhaps perhaps perhaps........ perhaps I just don't have a LIFE and I need to get out and get one. I can't believe I'm actually considering making a pilgrimage down to school ladled with food offerings for the slogging 'Gods' ch and jon on a SATURDAY NIGHT. But knowing how hard inertia is to overcome on a nuah day such as this, I'll probably end up staying home and watching tv till I fall asleep once again. Ok I DEFINITELY need a life.Anyone has any ideas on where/how to get one?
2 comments:
three more weeks.. and i will be FREE... hahaa... i am delirious waiting for that day... giddy with excitement.. what will i do...
cut to me 3weeks from now... doing exactly what you do... haa... i can imagine.. waking up when the sun has set.... and thinking how i should hv made it down to the pool... life's a rut sometimes...
you forget to mention actually MAKING it down to the pool, only to find that the sun has decided to turn its back on you... 3 more weeks of utter in-your-face sunshine!
Post a Comment