Saturday, March 19, 2005

sya.sya.in.china

The funniest thing happened to me today at 1.10am in the goddamn early hours of the morning. Not that I was about to sleep anyway.

Sya aka pernurious boss called, and asked if I was in office. Like HELLO it's 1am on a Sunday morning??! Who in their right mind would be in office? (Except for us lowly paid architectural interns of course... heh) But no, I wasn't thank God. Apparently, he's in China now, and shuer had gone to sleep and locked the door on him, with her Singapore hp OFF. Smart girl... hahaha. He couldn't wake her up no matter how long or hard he banged on the door, and had called to ask for her China hp number. Unfortunately, I didn't have it, and I cannot describe how despondent he sounded over the phone... hahaha. I can literally imagine him standing outside the door of the apartment/house, in the cold chill of the night, shifty-eyed and all, not knowing how to speak Chinese, and desperately wishing that shuer would somehow wake up and let him in. He went something like... "Ummm.. ok... Eeerrrrrrrrr.... Ummm... nevermind... Ummm... Eeeeerrrrrrrrr.... Ummm... Ummmmmmmmm........"

After I put the phone down, I decided to call sh in hopes tt he would have shuer's China number... after all, it's quite poor thing to be stuck outside in the cold in a foreign land (although why do I get the feeling these Sya always finds himself stuck in these kind of situations?!) Sh initially said he didn't have it, and so we both decided to let Sya settle the matter himself since there seemed to be nothing else we could do to help. After about a minute or so though, sh called back to say that he realised he DID have shuer's China hp number so yey... Sya was saved. (OF course if shuer decided to bochap and not answer her hp, that would be a whole different story altogether...)

Thankfully, all's well that ends well. I leave you with Sya's sms of the night, grammatical errors and all:

I manage to get in i almost spend a night with the hawkers outside...thk a lot!

Hahahahaha.. superbly hilarious. What a funny guy! He's just made my day!

2 comments:

lepetitmac said...

hahaa.... i can just imagine him eating the nite away... literally eating... filling up that already simeon-like belly of his.. gosh...
i will never be want to be the victim of low metabolism... i will just stop eating when i hit 40!

JANNYJANJAN said...

hahaha don't say too soon ch... you never know what will happen in the future... I hereby wish PHYSICAL PROSPERITY upon your life... you shall one day understand what we lesser beings have to live with day in and day out... no more FRIED FISH WANTONS for you, you shall have the TREADMILL instead of the benchpress as a best friend... muahahahhaha