Friday, December 24, 2004

thumpy.thump.thump.

Joined ming, gie and mich for a girl's night out at thumper's to countdown to Christmas day... Orchard road was pure and utter madness. My usual $4 cabfare from Queenstown turned into a $13 one, and I didn't even manage to stop at my destination directly. The taxi I was in got jammed at Tanglin Rd for a good half hour... and I was seriously falling asleep because the anticipation of getting to thumper's had waned by the first 5 mins of slow cab-crawling.

After I alighted from the cab at Tanglin Club (so as to walk the distance to Goodwood Park Hotel which seemed impossible to cover via a cab), I was stopped along the way by this petite-looking girl carrying huge bags of LV and Prada and whatnot. She was a portugese who had apparently just lost her wallet+passport, and was looking for directions to get to the nearest police post. I tried to be rather nice at first (it was Christmas eve after all), and even contemplated giving her some money to take cab home, but that thought vanished immediately the moment she said home was in seletar... !!! I eventually gave her directions to get to Tanglin Police Post, which was, to my limited knowledge, the nearest one around already. However, after 15 mins of trying to convince her that this was so, and that the surefire way of getting there was to brave the crowds and walk along Orchard Road against the direction of traffic, and that walking the back alley way through Tanglin Country Club was so-not-a-smart-idea-to-do because it's confusing and dark, I decided I had had enough of her whining and puppy-dog sad eyes and sent her on her way towards Orchard Road while I made my way (finally) down to Thumper's. The last I saw of her was a timid figure walking slowly in the direction towards Lido, hesitant and wavering. She had gone no more than 10 metres before she turned around in confusion and uncertainty. My gawd. I felt like wringing her perfect-looking thin neck. I wanted to shout at her: Walk a bit further can die one ah?!!? Walk only mah!!! You walk straight you will surely get to Orchard Rd... turn left and walk until the end of the road and you'll be near there already... don't walk you'll definitely have to sleep on the streets... like WASSUP MAN!!! If get lost just ask for directions again lah! Piang.How in the world do people like that survive out in the big bad world?!? Don't tell me she expected me to walk her ALL THE WAY there? *puke blood and die*

Anyway, yes, that was not the main incident that defined my night. The central highlight was actually seeing Ming drunk and making a fool of herself (as usual). Haha. I shall decline to reveal anymore details lest she comes after me in real life. Afterall, the virtual space of the internet is merely an extension of reality, and if princess ming decides to condemn me to my death here on my blog (DIE DIE YOU BITCHES as she proclaims), she is capable of carrying out her threats physically as well. :P

Merry Christmas everybahdeeeeeeeee......... how did YOU spend your Christmas eve?
(have mercy on me princess ming!)

1 comment:

shoe slut said...

DIE JANICE DIE

nay, im kidding ;) erps, again thumper wld b a memory i wanna earse, it seems i called everyone on my phonelist...and every1 is laughing at me

but er, thanx for bringing me home??

but janice tan, i will KILL EWE if u show any1 else those photos