swoon.gush.salivate.
This blog is dedicated to the cute waiter (yes! another one! heh heh) I met on Christmas Day itself.
My family and I had adjourned to this steak house somewhere in Novena for a Christmas lunch after church service. HE caught my eye immediately. (Love at first sight? Or lust? haha) Initially I thought HE was one of the diners as HE wasn't wearing the typical waiter uniform... in fact, the reason why I noticed HIM in the first place was because HE was wearing a really nice shirt (almost like something you can get off the racks at Country Road or A/X). It was striped with a bit of embroidery, very detailed, very elegant. HE himself was tall, good-looking, rather fair, and sturdily-built. Not body-builder kind of big, but not scrawny either; not drop-dead gorgeous but pleasant-looking enough (if you get what I mean). Naturally, I couldn't take my eyes off HIM, and throughout the lunch, I kept a sharp lookout, waiting for the moment HE came into my field of vision again. After some time, I began to realise that HE was actually working at the steak house, because HE started serving food to my table. I concurred that HE could possibly be
a) a normal waiter who forgot to bring his uniform to work that day
b) a diner who had too much time on his hands and therefore decided to help out the understaffed steak house during the peak lunch period
c) (and obviously the view I'm biased towards taking) the boss' son who pops by to help out once in awhile.
I was particularly taken with the cultured air around HIM- HE carried himself with a grace and strength of character that can only be ingrained into one from a tender age. (ie. HE is relatively rich, and no mere waiter boy) How can I tell all this by just looking at HIM, you may ask? Well, sometimes people's faces really reveal a lot about their upbringing and personality. And HIS, (to me) was simply to-die-for.
After lunch, my family and I decided to congregate outside the steak house to say our goodbyes and arrange our schedules for the day; who to take a lift from whom, where everyone is going from thence and all that usual parting stuff. Surprise surprise, who else was outside but HIM? HE was apparently settling some accounts with a delivery man, but as I stepped out from the steak house, I caught HIM staring at, ME. (No, my boobs weren't hanging out from my top, I wasn't making a lot of noise as I normally do, and granted, I'm not even pretty.) It wasn't an oh-my-gawd-she's-so-freaking-ugly kind of stare, neither was it a oh-my-gawd-wassup-with-her stare, but it was just, a stare. And a relatively long one at that. I was on the phone with ming/cc at that time (not too sure because my stomach was doing somersaults and my head a little giddy from the extra attention) but I occasionally looked up to see if HE was still staring. HE was. My entire family was standing between HIM and ME, but even as I paced to and fro all the while talking on the phone, I could feel (and see) HIS eyes follow me, oblivious to the gesturing of the delivery man who was still deep in conversation. A couple of times MY eyes met HIS, but not knowing what to do, I always averted my gaze quickly. I suppose it must have been rather obvious that I was checking HIM out as much as HE was doing the same to ME. All this happened within a span of 5 minutes or so, but the connection was very real, and I so hope it wasn't just wishful thinking on my part. Eventually, I decided to do the cowardly thing- turn around and walk away, but even as I did so, I could not help but wonder, WHAT IF? Is this what finding a soulmate feels like?
Haha.
Try not to mock me too much ok? (Esp. you ch!!!)
My heart is fragile. :)
*swoon*
6 comments:
sounds like a dish (haha)! woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot
hahaha yeah.
a REALLY yummilicious one at that... hee *giggles*
:)
*sucks in the urge to make a sarcastic remark... gosh i feel like chandler..*
i think u should consider that for u new year's resolution... in 2005... you will never ever have to wonder... you resolve to pick up ALL the cute waiters that crosses your path... hehe.....
come let's go have lunch there one of these days.. and i will make sure u put some school of seduction skills to good use...
w00t w0ooo0000oooo0000t....
;) lunch on u??
eeps. I was calling ming for directions on how to get to her house, not for advice jon... hahaha
eh jon....ARE YOU CALLING ME A PRUDE! HOW DARE U!! HOW DARE U!!
now now... don't fight friends.. don't fight.
the new year's coming!!! :)
Post a Comment