S.P.I.R.I.T.
First week of work is over! (And so is the weekend after, bleah...)
It's been really overwhelming and I've been blasted with major information overload since Day One, so the week has passed by relatively quickly albeit not-so-painless. Yes yes, I have gone over to the Dark Side, I'm now officially a traitor, a spy, blahblahblah. This poorly paid civil servant shall nevertheless endeavour to do her best in the tasks she has been assigned to... (toilet-washing anyone?)
So far, there's no one in the office whom I can really click with, so it gets a little lonesome at times. Being the newest newbie around also makes me the lowest of the low, so I just hang my head down and try not to get in anyone's way. But I also realise that I usually become withdrawn and shy when faced with new social situations, so I guess only time will surface the noisy and irritating pest-like qualities that I have been exhibiting to you who have known me for some time. Wahahahaha. It's only a PHASE! I do like the mentor I have been assigned to though! Z is a very very senior architect, having served for 15 years to date, he is also very very knowledgeable on things pertaining to work (henceforth known as The Work in The Office, lest I get embroiled in legal issues... sigh why do big pple things have to be so complicated? I dun wanna grow up, I'm a Toys 'R Us kid...) He's also very patient and takes time to discuss certain issues that I'm not familiar with, and is willing to teach and guide whenever I have a problem. Not just me, but it seems like everyone in The Office goes to him for advice too, and whenever I mention that he's my mentor, everyone says that I'm in extremely good hands. Seems like I got myself a fantastic deal eh? :)
Tomorrow I meet with the Director of HR for a 'chit-chat' session, and I've been clued by various pple on what the session's topics are going to touch on. As I was telling you guys yest during our weekly Sat night drinks routine, there's this thing called SPIRIT which encompasses values that we should embody, and NO, it doesn't stand for Slow or Inefficient or Toot! I have to memorize this by today, so here it goes: Service, Passion, Integrity, Respect, Innovation, Teamwork. (Ok I admit I had to peek at the book once while typing this out... the R always gets me!) Don't laugh, this is serious business. :p
Ahead and onward to another week then! One down, a million more to go.
Oh yes! Ah gu, we intend to head down to JayBee for seafood dinner one weekend when you are back, so come back soon ok! Hee. Butter Lobster and Mai Pian Xia! Yummers.
6 comments:
why am i not invited to jaybee too??
anyway sounds like u r in good hands at work! chin up! u will pick up the pace fast enough :)
ehh... cos u will fight with me for butter lobster?
waahahahaha
it's assumed that you are coming already lah...
but ah gu still hasn't made up her mind to come back yet, so i'm trying to entice her with jaybee seafood!
slowly you'll make friends. i was sooo quiet in my first month working.
jaybee jaybee.. let's go soon let's go play play...
oooi!!!
i wanna go jaybeee tooo!!!
im half jaybeeerian!!!
or go back jan go back to ny!!!
go back everyone
hot-te-ne!!
yes let's go jaybee!!!
everyone's coming back to play with me... yeah!
i wanna buy cheap branded shades from jaybee too!
gucci/prada/dior/chanel anyone?
eh ah sai... i go back to ny... and everyone is here... then who play with me! u will be too preoccupied also... *ahem*
wahahahahahaha
WAHhh hahahahahahahahahahaaha
I also go JB ! see you guys there !!!
Post a Comment