Thursday, August 10, 2006

animate.form.



Been auditing a 3dsMax class in school, and rediscovering how cool computer programmes actually are. Spent the whole of last night tweaking animations and space warps, and rendering surfaces with tessellations. Amazing how something that looks so simple could take me so long to figure out. haha. I know, I know... doesn't sound like me to be working so hard (and for no school credit?!!?)... Eeps. Read a little bit of Greg Lynn's essay on "Animate Form", and I think I'm becoming to understand why architecture has recently been moving towards the blob, curvatures, and animations processes as a design procedure. Not entirely convinced yet, or rather I'm not clear how my appreciation of 'clean' aesthetics fit into the overall scheme of things, but I feel as if I'm more aware of how architecture as a field can engage in such a broad spectrum of issues, that perhaps relegating it to mere buildings would be somewhat incredulous. Oh gosh. What has Pratt done to me? Guess it's time to go back to my taiwanese soaps. hehe. Joe Cheng! My new idol....... *swoon* And yes bohboh, I take it back... Kim Sung Soo IS drop-dead gorgeous too. (- -")

2 comments:

boh on the run said...

*swoon.... he is ok.. i insist.

JANNYJANJAN said...

if you insist bohboh, if you insist.
I insist too, i insist.

(doesn't the word insist look strange to you now?)