the.big.25

Had a combined birthday party at Grand [a cool bar/cafe near my school] with 3 other friends on 3rd Feb...
I had fun dancing all night long, blowing candles out at 12mn 4th Feb, drinking lichicosmos [courtesy of the bar owner, and made on special request], raspberry ginger martini [courtesy of my housemate], tequila shots [courtesy of various friends], mimosas and vodka shots [courtesy of fellow bday girls], overdosing on chocolate salad and yummy grilled mozarella bite-sized sandwiches...
Went to the Met Museum to see the Calatrava exhibition on 4th Feb [still suffering from a freaking hangover], had a super yummy Sunday brunch at a quaint French restaurant in my Brooklyn area, received 2 unexpected bouquets of frowers from friends- I've never celebrated my birthday this hard or this long before. Wished you guys could have been there to await the dawn of a new quarter of a century with me. It feels scary to be so old... [15 more years to make movie mingming!] I can only say I'm glad I'm not going to be the first, nor the last person to feel this way. At this point in my life, hitting such a numerical benchmark in terms of age merely makes everything else seem insignificant. I do have a lot to be grateful for, and grades have been going pretty well thus far, but then there's no accomplishment I can really lay claim to... or can I? Either way, although last year ended pretty shitty, and this year started out pretty shitty too, I have to constantly remind myself that I have to get as much out of this experience as possible. Good things never last, and thankfully, neither does the bad. So here's wishing everyone a Happy Birthday, cos sooner or later, IT will come, and cos happiness [and the fear of growing old] should be spread far and wide. Have a good year ahead everyone, and till we meet again... [no I don't mean online.. ahaha]
No comments:
Post a Comment