Saturday, September 10, 2005

Brooklyn



























My room on the 16th floor of Willoughby Hall, facing the school campus and the rest of Brooklyn. (Obviously this was taken some time ago when I first moved in cos it's DEFINITELY not that neat now... heh heh.) What's I haven't shown here is the huge expanse of empty space right behind, that's just calling out for a comfy lounge chair or an excessive futon! (Sy will attest to that for me.)


Balconies to the left when I stick my head out of the window (my housemate gets the entire balcony AND a private bath all to herself!!! Although she's so quite quiet so I think the balcony's a tad under-used... such a pity really... would have been a great place to have friends over for beer sessions out in the cool of the night...)


The middle pic shows the funky roofscape of my school's sports facility- apparently the largest interior column-free space in NYC? while the one right above shows the set of "The Good Shepherd" starring Robert de Niro, Angelina Jolie and Matt Damon, filming on campus right across from where I stay during the first 2 days after I moved in. No kidding! Some seniors said they were hanging around the set and they got to talk to Matt Damon! *faint* The pic below shows them packing up after an intensive night of filming... cool sial... I didn't realise it was a movie set until it was too late! Otherwise I would have gone over to Robert de Niro's trailer (parked right outside my hall) and knocked on his door hyahaha. (yah right.)


4 comments:

sneakyniki said...

wa!
your apartment looks quaint.. seems like you've got a good view too.. :)
NY NY NY.. waAAAaaa

boh on the run said...

looks nice and comfy! i support futon! i will bring my own pillow.. hahahahhahaha...

shoe slut said...

i wanna visit!!! way cool

*drool*

JANNYJANJAN said...

hahaha come visit! i can only take visitors for 3 nights out of a 2 week period (yes security is quite tight abt it cos it's not a very safe neighbourhood) but we can work things out i'm sure! :p

eh boh.. no need to bring pillow laaa... i can buy cushions! w00t... now the question is where am i gg to find the money to buy a futon, and how the hell am i gg to lug it all the way back from manhattan on the subway? *faint*

oh btw, am thinking to painting the wall tt my bed is pushed against BLACK. shld i?