Saturday, September 24, 2005

behavioural.cut.up

Ok this is strange... I can't seem to get more than 5-6 hours of sleep a night, no matter how tired I am, or how late I get concussed. So anyway, here I am again, awake and with tons of work ahead of me today. C'mon jan! Chop chop! Let's get cracking!

I was just thinking about the conversation I had with an american friend (with cambodian roots) two nights ago after a beer session. Lakhena (read: lah-kee-nah) was telling me about this pact she had with a particular friend of hers, a concept they termed "behavioral cut-up". Basically what this means is that everyday, both of them have to challenge themselves to do something totally out of the ordinary, in an attempt to keep life interesting, and to push one's comfort zone boundaries. This can range from anything like taking a different route home, to something more majorly implusive like climbing up the 2-storied water tower perched on the rooftop of an apartment building (which by the way, she did, during the huge aki party my sexy jesus-lookalike friend threw at his lovely brownstone apartment last weekend.)

I do admire how she's able to live life on the edge, to cut a mohawk for the heck of it, or to keep a coiffed cut just cos it's so unlike her that it becomes hysterically subversive. I like how real she is, no pretences to be anything she's not, and no concern as to how other people view her. I for one, like to stay within my familiar territories once I've conquered them- I'm no longer as brave as I think I am, nor as implusive, nor as fun-loving. (Is this age kicking in here?!?) Still, I'd like to think I try to challenge myself once in awhile, uprooting to NYC being the major indicator of this.... Perhaps I should go tell the sexy jesus-lookalike friend just how hot he is, or I should go get the cell phone number of this indon waiter (who looks like a skinny thai version of takeshi kaneshiro) working at the Thai restaurant near my place. I'll bet he thought ern was my bf (eeps) becos he looked so forlorn the last time I brought ern there for dinner, that it was almost painfully funny.

So, what's your behavioural cut-up for the day?

2 comments:

lepetitmac said...

hahahaha... you're mad... first things first... there's no such thing as a skinny thai version of takeshi kaneshiro... its WRONG...
haahaa..
and second.... sexy-jesus looking fren????
aiyoh i say u watch out for those lightning bolts on rainy days....

JANNYJANJAN said...

he is sexy ok!!! and i'm not the only one who thinks so!!! REALLY!!!
hahaha
never in my life would i imagine i would think jesus is sexy... hahaha this is just wrong.