bloop.bloop.(installment.two)
Nearly drowned like a million times today. And I probably drank up half the entire pool's worth of water THROUGH MY NOSE. Ouch. Evidence of this fact establishes itself through the many times I had to run off to the toilet to pee- I had to take off my mask, weight belt, BCD, fins AND wetsuit, just to blardee relieve myself.
It took me quite a long time to get used to breathing underwater through my mouth only, using the regulator... and cos I'm hydrophobic, I tend to panic once I feel water seeping into my nose. It sure didn't help that my mask was a softie leaky one. Imagine the horror when I was told I had to learn how to fill my entire mask with water and clear it, still underwater. I'm glad I managed to learn the skill, albeit with much difficulty. Still, I don't foresee myself doing it unless I REALLY have to.
I felt claustrophobia even though I was at the shallow end of the pool, I just felt this urge to breathe normal air, I wanted to get my head out of the water immediately. It took all of my willpower to calm my nerves, to breathe in controlled deep breaths, and to focus on the task at hand. It's okay if water gets in, it's okay it's okay it's okay. Just don't breathe it in. It really is a mental struggle down there.
I'm just totally exhausted right now. Both physically and mentally. 2 down, 1 more to go. And then it's on to Dayang! Whoever said diving is a relak sport?!? I think I need another holiday already.
No comments:
Post a Comment