Just.did.it.
I think I did pretty okay over the public holiday. Didn't complain much even while cooped up in office the entire day doing work that wasn't really meant to be mine while friends went to have a ball of a time at the SFF. SATC rules indeed but it really isn't the life for me. Didn't feel too sorry for myself, didn't feel angry, didn't really feel life was unfair, didn't feel excessively miserable although I was pretty much alone. I just followed Nike's mantra all the way and just did it. (Work that is...)
Granted, I did manage to steal away from the office over the week and find time to
A. Rush home and catch AI and The Amazing Race on Wednesday although I missed Carrie Underwood's fantastic performance... (Thank God Mikalah the singing nanny is out! Finally! Her whiny nasal voice was really starting to get to me)
B. Re-read Murakami's Norwegian Wood for the upteenth time, holed up in my room and indulging in my own depressions (Booze, free sex, student revolutions, and above all, adolescent love)
C. Catch Stephane Pompougnac at Zouk on Thursday which was actually rather a happy night if the music had been a tad less disappointing towards the end. Oh, and did I forget to mention ming the smart who gave her REAL no when picked up by some ugly guys? (Small talk with too many acquaintances, memories about lost innocence and friendships, sub-conscious consciousness about the importance of appearances tainted the night for me, I felt as if I had been transported back to the hall era of sprouting superficial niceties)
D. Meet up with Kerms and Jon for supper at Newton on Good Friday... yummilicious stingray! Again I am reminded of how friendship is a gift no matter how unworthy one feels sometimes.
What I didn't find time to do though, was to hit the gym. I need some new inspiration, some new drive, new goals, new direction, fitness or otherwise. I need to get out there and start meeting new people. I need to get my hands on some new shopping purchases. I need to read some new books. All of a sudden it seems as if people have all gotten on with their lives but here I am still stuck in a rut, hampered by my own inertia. I need to remember that the world does not revolve around me. Life shouldn't be this sad. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment