rooster.booster.
I think what boh said about people being especially unlucky during the reign of their particular Chinese zodiac sign has some element of truth in it. This being the Year of the Rooster, bears bad omens for the rooster in me waiting to be unleashed. Pokpokpokgaehhhh!
1. Biggest loser at mahjong on my first ever attempt to play alone. 25 buckaroos! Or was it 30? I forget. Whatever happened to beginner's luck?
2. Witnessed an accident at the corner of Shenton Way and Cross Street while walking to RP MRT after work. Saw the poor motorcyclist literally flying out of his seat and landing quite a few metres away, as if in a surrealistic slow-motion clip off an action movie. It was the first accident I'd ever witnessed close up in my life. Reality came crashing down after that as, in a split second reaction, I had to jump out of the trajectory of the hurtling abandoned motorbike (which continued on its journey towards the pedestrian pavement where I was standing on after the car hit), and look on in frozen horror as the bike unsteadily teetered past and collided into a stationary parked motorcycle, before ending up as a crumpled heap barely 2 metres away from me. Yikes. (- -") After the initial shock, people started gathering around the injured motorcyclist, who was lying on the floor on his side, and unable to get up. There was no blood, thank God, or I would have fainted there and then, but as I plucked up my courage and went forward to offer my help, it was to be my virgin call made to 995 as well.
3. Supermega bad days (as evidenced by the post prior to this).
4. Saw a helmeted guy sprinting at top speed across the road, as I was making my way to my busstop from the direction of P.S. He was running so fast he actually tripped and fell just as he reached the pavement, sending his helmet flying off his head. He didn't stop to get it back, instead he picked himself up in a real hurry and continued his sprint on the pavement TOWARDS ME. At that point in time that I saw three other helmeted policemen chasing after him, the world flashed before my eyes in an instant. I realised some things concurrently:
I was all alone on the darkly lit, wide pavement; the bad guy being chased was running TOWARDS ME at topspeed; I SO did not want to become a hostage of any sort just for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
I hopped up a slight slope away from the pavement and from the scary guy, watching him run past me (phew) with the policemen screaming STOP HIM a la HongKong movie style. I must say this is the first time I'd ever seen policemen running on the streets looking like they were doing their job. (ooooo macho men!) After a bit more running, they managed to catch up with the elusive escapist, and pinned him to the ground in typical drama-mama fashion. I wonder what he was running away from, and I suspect it was merely a booking for a traffic offence, because the policemen let him go after a mere 10 min duration of booking/interrogation/pinning, and he went back to retrieve his helmet lying just beside the road. Such a crime-busting, heart-racing, law-breaker-chasing scene it was, and along the streets of Singapore!
CC says I should go pray or something since I seem to be so suay. Bleah. I declare I've had too much drama in my life recently. Can I please have less action?
2 comments:
well babes, life's short!
Have not had too much time of late to trawl the blogs, so was so amused to see the comment you left on carl's page! Hahah dun worry, he got me some really lovely flowers forVDAy!
And yeah babes! happy belated v day to you too!
muuaccks! :)
hahah yeah... it's good that he did... or i'd have to carry out my online threat... :)
how's the mac coming along babe?
Post a Comment