ouch.
Have you ever felt so tired you couldn't even lift a leg to climb another stair, legs all wobbly and feeling absulutely jelly-like? Have you ever felt so sore you couldn't bend an arm to take off a t-shirt, and you curse at the thought of having to crane your arms behind your back just to put on a bra? Have you ever had to control your laughter, and to straighten your sitting posture so as not to aggravate your aching abs? Well, as sadistic as it may sound, I would like to experience all of the above everytime after a gym workout, because without a doubt, it would have been a GOOD one. The rush of adrenaline after, the tautness of muscle (albeit sadly temporal), the feeling of satisfaction at dispensing great amounts of energy, is one that nothing else in this world can compare to. (Except perhaps Godiva/small blue boxes tied with ribbon, as ming hrh would lay claim to.) The human body is indeed an amazing one- the amount of extreme pain one can tolerate, the will that the mind has over the body, the hidden resources of strength that emanate when there comes a need for it. I love the sharing of jokes with gym-buddies during, the healthy glow of after, the relaxation of muscles in the steam room, and the knowledge that I have yet again, completed my day in the best possible way. Now to deal with the aches that are bound to surface tomorrow. :)
4 comments:
you're welcome janny jam!
mesochist in me misses the pain you're talking abt... hahaha i wanna go back to gym soon!!!
thank you chinnychinchin! and I have no aches today at all... bleah. :p
I take that back. As of 8.30pm, my calves felt like they were about to cramp up WHILE I was nuahing on my sofa... !!!! You are indeed powerful ch.
Post a Comment