Monday, February 14, 2005

f.i.n.a.l.l.y.!

On the 14th Feb 2005, 5.00pm, my sister's bf finally proposed!

He caught her unawares in her room (still wearing grubby tee and shorts), and entered toting a ring+matching earrings (read: blingbling!), his fluttering stomach, a beautiful bouquet of 24 red roses, a guitar, and revised lyrics to the Adam Sandler song "Grow Old With You". (collective Awwwwwwwww......)

Here's what he sang to her (I managed to convince him to pass them over to me.. heh):

I wanna make you smile
Whenever you're sad
Go to the gym
When I'm getting fat
All I wanna do
Is grow old with you

I'll get you Buscopan
When your tummy aches
Do your markings
If they're newspaper cuttings
O, it could be so nice
Growing old with you

C: I'll miss you, kiss you
Give you my quilt when you are cold
Need you, feed you
I'll let you hold the remote control

Let me do the dishes
In our kitchen sink
Do the cooking
When you're ironing
O, I could be da man
Who grows old with you

I wanna grow old with you.

There's physical evidence because we documented the entire process... Photos coming up once they're uploaded and passes the censorship board! Heh. :) This is a really special Vday (although it was spent moping at home and taking countless naps).

3 comments:

shoe slut said...

im confused? what do u mean he finally proposed? didnt u buy all those wedding presents in hk last may? ur younger sis is waaay too young to get hitched rite?

boh on the run said...

congratulations jo!

JANNYJANJAN said...

yeah well... this is a rather complicated wedding. They decided they wanted to get married but seeing how it was a mutual thing that occurred very naturally, the engagement ring was picked out and bought only AFTER the decision to get married was made... Hence it was never really 'official' in the sense that there never was a formal proposal... my soon-to-be bro-in-law was just waiting for the right time to do it (and he oso hamji one) until my sis was worried he wouldn't make it in time for their actual wedding... hahaha
ah well... all's well that ends well... she really was pleasantly surprised, and of course, we all know her answer to his question don't we? :)
happy jan.