the.night.we.met.kevin.@.zouk.
Last night will henceforth be known as 'The night we met kevin @ Zouk'. It shall be jotted down in history books and talked about for weeks to come. Kevin who? you ask. Kevin aka boss of No Space aka lao ban aka gross shit who stuffs his mouth with any food left lying around in office aka harvard grad who smoked his way through school (both literally and metaphorically). Yup, kevin at Zouk. What a highly incongruous scenario it was, all us funky mamas and papas gathered outside the most happening club in S'pore to catch the world's third top dj spin his groovey trance moves, and then you get this short middle-aged guy (laoban)strutting up to us to say hello out of courtesy, and poisoning the air around with awkward silences and polite laughter. I felt like the mother from That 70's Show who bursts out into fake forced laughter whenever an uncomfortable situation arises. Ah. ha. ha. ha. ha.
Anyway, apart from the very unfortunate meeting with the laoban, the rest of the night was good. By the 'rest' I do not mean that every single second was good, just that Armin's trance music was good enough to wipe out all memory of the endless waiting for him to start spinning (+ desperately trying to contain an overflowing bladder so as not to miss armin's first track of the night), the sudden shrill and very embarrassing shrieks from our very own Her Royal Highness ming who perhaps had a drop too much to drink, the heels that were killing my feet after 5 hours of standing/dancing/jumping, and me feeling sleepy after 2 vodka limes, a yummy Flaming Lamborghini and a tequila shot. I think I'm a converted fan of trance now, the genre being much more danceable to than say hip-hop, and definitely less beng-ish than techno while still packing an awesome punch in its pulsating beats and deep bass notes. I suppose the Armin-mad crowd (mostly mats and minahs! yo yo wassup bruddah!) had a lot to do with the electrifying atmosphere at Zouk last night. Everyone was sincerely enjoying the music, jumping, shaking their booties and boobies, notwithstanding those on the podium who took it upon themselves to gyrate more 'sexily' than everyone else. *rolls eyes* There was plenty of eye candy around *nods head vigorously*, some of who looked positively delectable! haha. I must say that I've not had such an enjoyabe night out in such a long time. Pure music always grabs you by the ass and doesn't lose its grip on you. Armin van buuren from Godskitchen rawwwwwks!
2 comments:
hey you should post the pic!!!!
heh...
i must say that u hold ur liquer rather well.. u had the same to drink as boh rite? altho she had an extra lychee martini... ming was just erm... a poor drinker... ;P
I don't know how to post a pic from my hp! I really like the one you took of armin... WAAAAY COOOOOL DUDE!
Post a Comment