spit.spat.sput.
I had a little spat with my elder sis last night over the smallest of issues. I had gotten home dead tired after my first basic photography lesson I'm currently pursuing under the Objectifs umbrella, and all I wanted was to go home, rest awhile, blog a little, and go to bed.
My elder sis, who was asleep at the time I reached home, woke up for no apparent reason and started washing the leftover dishes in the sink. (Dishes in this case alluding to three forks, a cup and two plates.) She started getting all irritated and stuff, seeing how no one bothered to clear up the mess, wash the dishes and take out the trash after dinner. (By the way, this always happens during the rare occassions she decides to help out around the house.) She singled me out for reprimanding, jumping on me out-of-the-blue, demanding to know why I didn't bother to clear up after eating. Like hello.... I just got home?!?!? I was just minding my own business, catching up on news while lounging on the sofa, when she came over and interrogated me, refusing to let the matter rest even when I assured her I would empty the dustbins after I was done with the papers. It got to the point that I was fast losing my cool with her. It was such an uncalled for spat, especially in the light of the fact that I hadn't seen her at all since last Sunday. Don't I deserve a warmer reception at home? Sheesh.
Anyway, I got fed-up and decided I didn't want to help take out the trash after all. I thus retired to my room and turned off the lights. Soon after, I got an sms from my elder sis.
It read:
" You didn't keep your word."
This was my reply to her via sms as well:
" I don't see why I should after the way you jumped at me. Stop being so self-righteous all the time. There were many times when I helped to clean up too ok."
Okay, so this happened a good 29 hours ago, and what am I doing still harping on this issue at this point in time? The fact of the matter is, when any aspect of your life is unresolved and in conflict, it constantly bugs and occupies the sub-conscious no matter what activity you are involved in. Last night I slept badly, and my concentration level at work today was significantly lowered. And now I'm still in office on the pretext of having work to rush (which I do), just so that I can avoid the now-tense atmosphere at home. Relationships are fragile things. Once broken, it takes a lot before it can be restored. The last time my elder sis and I quarrelled, we ended up not speaking to each other for four months. The clock is ticking on this one, fuelled by our stubborn personalities.
No comments:
Post a Comment