Sunday, October 17, 2004

risky.business.

Played 2 hours of badminton, 1 1/2 hours of pool and FIVE hours of risk on saturday. Drank 1.5 litres of 100 plus, 1 sponsored-by-wolvergenerouslim starbucks iced mocha, 5 cups of iced water, yummyyummy orishi pizza and yummyyummier Gelare waffles.

It was a long and bloody war indeed at nehneh tay's house in kembangan... and the cabfare back home at 5am was painful, so was trying to keep awake in service at 9am in the blardee morning. But I must say it was tons of fun, even when sleep is sacrificed, and muscle aches and zombification sets in the next day.

I have never taken easily to the game of risk because I'm not scheming enough, not sneaky enough and basically just too stupid to plan my moves to great effect. Also, I'm a peace-loving person... (haha. me. yes ME, who's waging a cold war at home right now.) But I think it's an addiction, and certainly the already-addicted company aids in the process of addiction. War has broken out, whether we like it or not, and whether we are ready for it or not. I say we wage war again sometime soon!

I proclaim that I do like hanging out with friends. Especially friends that you feel comfortable with. So many instances over the past couple of weeks that I've wanted to mention but failed to post to due to the inconsistencies of my home computer.

+ The reunion-cum-birthday celebration at Ballet Under The Stars with my secondary school clique (where Vy, Qing, Jan, Rui, Grace, Ho Weiwei and I spent hours lying on the grass amusing ourselves taking photographs and talking about anything and everything under the moonlight),

+ a nuah+chat session with yuwen at coffee bean over an aromatic cuppa tea and delicious cheesecake (and later transporting ourselves over to the green patches at Raffles Place but still engaging in nuahing),

+ having dinner with chaota and his entertaining friends (who were suaning him most of the time),

+ and now badminton+pool+risk day (with wolver-turns-back-on-alliances-lim, sneaky niki, butt-now-aching boh, xiaolaoban yu, gone-in-a-wink-of-an-eye-yvet, siaotingtong-mei, sel-lost-damn-a-lot-of-weight-wyn, york-jiang-hua-yu-bing, and neh-neh-never-at-home-tay!)

I don't know why but it always seems as if my friends are my adopted family. If my parents were the ones who fulfilled my physical needs, then my friends are the people who nurture me both in spirit and in soul, and who make sure I'm constantly in touch with the world and with myself. I don't understand why it can be so difficult to talk to people you live under the same roof with but loquaciousness flows freely with strangers. And why does being with family feel so contrived even though the time spent isn't a lot, but there always seems to be something more exciting to do with friends whom you see everyday even if it's just to chill out somewhere? Whatever it is, I'm grateful to all the people who have entered my life in one way or other, for they have made me who I am today. For this, I thank you all and believe than there is no need to mention names here, as you all know who you are.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Janice! Were you at Ballet Under the Stars on Sat 16 Oct? I was there as well! My fav item was the 2nd one.

And for Risk, I always go for Australia or South America. For Australia, you are basically stuck there but no one can really kill you off. S America allows you to launch your bid for world domination (muahahaha) =) -leesh

enuwy said...

Can you believe I've never played Risk?

Actually I can't believe I've never played Risk. AUUUUUGGGGHHHH.

On a side note - here's to many more aromatic cups of tea and sinful slices of heaven from coffee bean - that is, if I haven't died from lung cancer and you haven't from passive smoking. heheheheheh.

JANNYJANJAN said...

Acks!
No wonder I couldn't win! I tried to conquer Asia first, but lots of movement and power struggles within that area, and so many sides to defend...
Ok next time I shall head straight for Aust! Haha. Let's play Risk the next time you're back in s'pore leesh! Then yuwen can have her first try at the game. :)

And yes yuwen, if we continue with our coffee bean meet-ups as planned, I will die either of passive smoking or excessive fat buildup. But wad the hell... We only live once! *grins*

Unknown said...

Ack! So now I've given away all my strategies for Risk. Hehe. But yes, let's go play Risk the next time we play. Don't try to control Asia lah Janice. It is way too difficult.