Tuesday, October 19, 2004

day.of.aches.

I'm aching all over. I have a headache from work, my arms are aching from saturday's badminton and my legs from sunday's weights. By some masochistic streak hidden deep inside me, it actually feels good to suffer from muscle ache once in awhile- makes you feel human, and alerts your consciousness to parts of your body you would otherwise neglect to give recognition to.

Today's astrology forecast:
It's imperative you find some way to stay disciplined all through the work day. Even if you've been a good citizen lately, you can't afford to slack off for the time being.

I'm just wondering... WHEN WILL THIS FREAKING WORKDAY END?!?
It's 11pm in the night, and here I am still drawing perspective impressions of this commercial block within the entire masterplan that I have been assigned to. My boss is leaving on a jet plane tomorrow morning and it is "IMPERATIVE" that I compile a relatively complete brochure on the project so that he can discuss it with the client sometime during his trip. Thing is... I need the drawings before I'm able to do that, and hence, I'm back to the drawing board, or drawing table in my case. Boss has gone home to pack and to catch some winks. I SO want to slack. (Hey, I'm not called slacker jan for nothing okay!) But. I must persevere. I must work hard. I must prove that I'm not irresponsible. I must take pride in my work. I must strive to be the best I can be in whatever I do. And I must not slack. (Oh gawd. What am I doing now?!!?)

By golly. I'm drained from that outburst of "I musts" already. It's back to work for me now. But I feel so much better already. :)


No comments: